I like to create my own handicrafts.
This tumblr is the collection of lovely craft and cooking ideas that I want to *steal* and take in my life.
visit my main tumblr too @kumako365jp
DIY: glitter magnets!
i considered today my last day of spring break (even though i really have 3 days left) because we’re going to vermont tomorrow morning till sunday. so, i stayed in bed until noon and when i finally got out i did a million billion dishes, made apple sauce, and baked a couple of breads so i’ll have things to eat for lunch next week. i also watched like 8 episodes of mad men… i really love spring break.
ANYWAY! i didn’t want the day to end without doing something crafty so, i followed this tutorial and made some glitter magnets! they were super easy and it was SO FUN finally using some of my fancy, super fine martha stewart glitter (which i bought on sale at joann fabrics last week!)
MATERIALS: round magnets, glitter (i used super fine but i’m sure regular glitter would work too!), tacky glue, a metal tray, a damp hand towel (for wiping your fingers in between magnets)
- prepare your materials, open your packs of magnets, and choose your glitter colors. pour some glue into a small container (i used a silicone pinch bowl)
- pour a bit of glitter out onto individual slips of paper (this way you can easily return the extra to the tubes!)
- use your finger to spread glue on a magnet
- make sure you get glue all the way to the edges and that the layer of glue isn’t too thick
- dip the gluey magnet into one of your small glitter piles and press down to make sure the glitter sticks
- now your glitter magnet needs to dry
- i put a piece of paper over the back of a cake pan and stuck my magnets to that to dry (this way they don’t stick to each other)
- once i finished glittering all of the magnets i shook off the excess glitter and removed the paper by shifting over all of the magnets!
- once they’re dry you can use them on your fridge or some other magnetic surface! YAY!
have fun, they’re really cute - i can’t wait to find more things to cover in glitter : )